About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

Click "Older Posts" on lower right of each post page for MORE earlier posted stories and art.

52 Frames

Jan. 10, 2014

WHY DID YOU JOIN THIS PROJECT?   WHAT DO YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF IT?
If you can take a moment and really explain THE WHY. I want you to really sell me on it. For example: To instill creativity in my life because I’m busy and I miss it, etc.. or I’d like to see something through and be consistent because I usually quit things, etc.. Your response here will not be shared with ANYONE ELSE, except yourself, at a later date ;)  
- Yosef Adest

My 19th week since week 35 in 2013

Asked to join immediately when I got excited seeing the photos and themes of 52 Frames. (Never was in a photo group except for classes decades ago.) My other art has been exhibited in groups.  I'm not in any art classes at this time thus support is nominal. (I used to teach ceramics.)  Thought the challenge of weekly themes would be good for me. Much of my previous work is in themes of my choosing. 

I thought that I would receive critiques by 52 framers, of my photos, but that has not happened, maybe because my work isn't on the higher level as others.  I appreciate getting LIKES (and they feel good) but I don't learn from LIKES.  I try to give comments to many others about why I like their photos, but stay away from the technical side.

A goal for me is to share the passion of photography with other photographers who are in this community; To enjoy their eye and artistry. To become a better photographer with my little point and shoot that I use most days for recording pleasure and beauty.  Can't carry a larger SLR any more.  I try to view many of the photo learning LINKS sent our way, but I can't keep up, especially now that there are over 80 new people sending info. I try to open the sites of as many 52 framers as time allows. I am inspired by others' great creativity, imagination and skill. Most of my personal community may be tired of responding to my photos. 

Regularly I have always gone to museums exhibiting photos.
I hadn't expected to share compassion, and joy with others, but I do while responding to their comments, and vice versa.

BlesSings, JOY

PS
What I realize I left out of my initial response sent to Yosef Adest, is important. 52 Frames is based in the Holy Land. What truly originally appealed to me is that many of the members are Jewish, and illustrating Jewish life through their photos is what I discovered during the time I joined, at the High Holidays. I want to be part of a Jewish artistic group. My art has been published in other Jewish sites, such as Chabad's Creative Soul. My whole history in art has been involved with Jewish art.
~ ~ ~

My 48th week since I joined in August 2013
July 28, 2014

My 48th week since I joined in August 2013 and participated in my first 52 Frames album, Music, Sept. 1. 2013.  Consecutively, I published 18 times the first year, and this year, 30 times so far. Proud that I have not missed a week submitting to our Theme albums.  In 4 weeks I celebrate my FIRST Framaversary!!

In this week's album, I am proud to say, and grateful for the support, that so far in its first day, over 40 photographers have 'Liked' my Negative Space photo, and many have commented. I'll share this here because I have come a long way. Yesterday's shot was minimal and different from my prior work.



Here are some shared thoughts on my Negative Space. I’ve deleted names:

I love this Joy! It's so peaceful and calm. Even the bird seems taken with the view.

Love how you did your water mark!

 This is wonderful Joy. I agree with M.  - it looks as if the bird is also enjoying the view.

Love the symmetry of the fence and the silhouette of the bird on the fence. Beautiful hues.

Love this!

Great great great.. My second fav image.. great symmetry and the lone bird really completes the story. WOW. Stunning capture.

Perfect.

Joy this is one to frame, for sure!! Wonderfully captured, such a sense of tranquility. Absolutely perfect.
~ ~ ~

The last comment is important to me especially because some months ago I did not participate in the group's London photo exhibition in a galler. I felt I had no submission worth framing. The curator knew my thought, and is now sharing that this photo is quality.  :)

(Interestingly, all summer my framed photos are included in an exhibition of Rare Books, and Pirkei Avot, at American Jewish University, LA.)
~ ~ ~







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thanks for visiting.
I look forward to hearing from you.
BlesSings, Joy